Sunday, February 6, 2011

Encouragement and The Unkown

Negative people drive me insane.  There is always someone there to say, "Hasn't worked before, it won't work now."  OK...maybe some things haven't worked before, but that doesn't mean you stop trying.  Encouraging the heart means you never stop saying positive life-giving words.  The unknown is an amazing place of opportunities.  Sure there will be challenges, but challenges create opportunities.

Encouraging the heart always looks at the challenges of life as opportunities.  Look at the unknown as a great a great adventure...a chance to overcome...a chance to excel.  General Douglas McArthur said, “Every great venture in the history of man has begun with faith and a giant leap into the unknown”.  So I say leave the naysayer's behind.  Dream big and expect big.

As a leader you are expected to navigate your organization through all kinds of unknowns.  You learn along the way.  Board the ship and learn to navigate.  Learn to navigate in both calm and stormy waters.  Always put people around you that will support the vision. Never give up.  Never believe that negativity will give good results.

There was a time in my life when I wanted to give up.  The inner voice said, "Navigate into the unknown regardless of fear...regardless of the lack of security...regardless of the naysayers.  Go to work and embrace the unknown as a great opportunity."  We need encouragement to face the unknown.  We need the cheerleaders that say don't give up...try again...you can do it!  I need to encourage someone every day.  Why?  Because encouraging someone to face the unknown will ignite hope.  Hope never disappoints us.  I believe that the encouragement I give others will in time come back to me when I am in need.

I challenge you to look at the unknown as a great opportunity for you to face your fears and excel.  Take hold of the future.  Look at it square in the eye.  Never quit...never give up.  Many people fear death.  I don't...death is a gateway into the great unknown.   I know I will die.  I want to face that great day as a time of graduating to the great unknown.  I hope I get to encourage someone as I take my last breath.  Why?  With encouraging words comes new life...new hope...new opportunities.  I want to give the gift of encouragement.  I want to breathe life into another human being.  That really is the greatest gift.

OK...be encouraged to face the unknown.  I want to encourage you to look at your obstacles as great opportunities.  When you overcome - and you will - give the gift of encouragement to someone else.  When you do, you will change your world one person at a time. 

Be Encouraged,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment