Monday, January 31, 2011

Self-Doubt

Encouraging the heart is helping one grow in confidence. Self-doubt is destructive. It digs away at the heart. It speaks lies...deep lies. Self-doubt can get in your way to succeed. When you lack confidence you lack the ability to perform and achieve your goals. You may say to yourself, "But I have made so many mistakes." So what! Join the rest of the world. The key to overcoming self doubt is refusing to buy into the lies.

Lies sound like the following:


  1. There is no hope for me.
  2. I am no good.
  3. No one will ever love me.
  4. Who would want me?
  5. I will never make it.
  6. No one will ever forgive me.
  7. I can't forgive myself.
  8. No one will recognize my talents.
  9. I am a loser.
  10. I am stupid.


I think you get the point. The list could go on. Self-doubt is destructive and the only way to overcome is to believe life giving words that can come by words spoken to you by other people. You must believe that you are worthy to receive life. You must receive the good things that people want to say to you. You are loved. You are valued. You are a gift to others.

Letting go of self-doubt is a choice. Life opportunities will open up that you would have missed when you let go of self-doubt. Go ahead...believe in the ability to overcome. I dare you to have confidence. I dare you to develop. Will you hit bumps along the road? No doubt. Bumps can give wisdom. Learn from the bumps.

You have a choice today. You have a choice to hold on to self-doubt and negative thinking or let go and imagine the possibilities. Breathe deep. Imagine letting go of self-doubt. Imagine being free and having confidence. Have I mentioned that giving life-giving words to others in need builds your own confidence? It does. Humility remembers the roads once traveled. Humility remembers the ditches fallen into. Humility says, "Speak life to others." When you speak life to others you remember. Remember what? Where you have come from. That gives you confidence to encourage others. When you encourage others you build self-confidence.

So look for the opportunity to grow in confidence today...find someone to encourage. You will change your world one person at a time.

Be Encouraged,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment