Saturday, January 22, 2011

Overcoming Fear With Encouragement

Fear is paralyzing. I have watched people freeze with fear and not accomplish their goals. Fear of anything can cripple and conquer the human spirit. There have been times when I have almost given up because of fear. There is one ingredient that will help anyone overcome fear. You guessed it...encouragement.

I love inspirational quotes. There have been many entrepreneurs who have looked fear in the eye and have excelled because they refused to listen to discouraging words. Steve Jobs, the co founder of Apple, looks at life from different angles. His company would have never made it if he were willing to submit to fear. Read his quote about life:

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

Words of encouragement help people excel. Words of encouragement help people overcome obstacles that may have caused some to stop trying. Whatever your fear is, look at it through the eyes of encouragement. I have diabetes. I can fear it and die or embrace it and live. By being encouraged to do right things like exercise and watch what I eat I can overcome and excel past diabetes. I know one day I will die. Welcome to life. I want to look at death as a gateway to a better future.

Let me encourage you today. Live life without feeling paralyzed by fear. Take hold of the fear that is taking hold of you...look it in the eye...breathe deep...and welcome the opportunity to excel.

Be Encouraged,
Rick

1 comment:

  1. I believe that fear is the destroyer of hope and faith. However, I also believe that encouragement bring hope and restores faith. It als brings joy to the one who takes the time to give encouragement, whether it is tender or tough encouragement.

    ReplyDelete