Saturday, January 29, 2011

No Condemnation

Encouraging the heart is profound. Reading encouraging stories about how people overcome gives inspiration and encouragement to the downhearted. I have always believed that people rise to new levels when positive and encouraging words are spoken to them. With that said let me touch on a topic that is all about encouraging the heart and setting the human spirit free.



No condemnation is the the key. Negativity breads hopelessness. If you don't believe me then try for a moment to think about how hard things are all the time and before you know it you get down right depressed. I know of people who have had a much harder time overcoming obstacles because of put down and negative words than those who overcome by the power of an encouraging word.

Before you put down, criticize or condemn think about your life. We have a tendency to forget about the times we needed someone to say something kind or to speak a word of encouragement. We all can be guilty of condemning or putting down another person. I have been guilty of being harsh and speaking condemnation to others. When I look back I deeply regret the harsh words. Why? Because everyone needs hope. Everyone needs words of encouragement to overcome.

I am thinking about Nola Ochs right now. If you don't know her left me refresh your memory. In May of 2007, at he age of 95 she became the oldest person to graduate from college. Her response to her age was the following... "I came here with no thought of it being an unusual thing at all, It was something I wanted to do. I like to study and learn." Wow! Everyone admired her and applauded her reaching her goal.

Learn to speak encouraging words NOT words of death or discouragement. The world would be a better place if we focused on encouraging one another. So...go! Encourage someone today. You will change your world one person at a time.

Be Encouraged,
rick

No comments:

Post a Comment